So here's the scoop on how our little boy Jacob was born:
On Monday afternoon, I had been having my usual Braxton Hicks contractions that were infrequent and painless. I checked my email and got on facebook and posted that I really would like for this baby to make his debut today. And sure enough, a few minutes passed and I began having contractions every 2 minutes. As they got more and more painful, we decided to head to the hospital and by the time we got there, I had already progressed quite far. Throughout the pain, Caleb was so sweet. He handed me his bear and gave me a kiss. That was the best medicine for sure (besides the epidural). He always knows how to make me feel better.
I ended up getting the epidural and progressed to 10 cm within a short time. By this point I was feeling great and was ready to start pushing. With only 3 pushes and a total labor time of 3 1/2 hours, Jacob Andrew was born. I remember thinking, I really think I could do this again! Thank you Lord for such a quick and easy labor!
One proud Mama.
David was wonderful. He really knows how to care for me well.
At first, Caleb wasn't too interested in Jacob. He was more interested in the lights and call bell.
I love how he is pointing to him here.
He warmed up and gave baby Jacob a kiss. So sweet.
Here are a few family pictures with our sweet boy:
Steven is always this enthusiastic. I wish I had half of his energy!
No comments:
Post a Comment